Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mixed Mail

So yesterday's mail was exciting. I got two packages that I'd ordered, and a big envelope from Interweave Crochet. To which I had submitted a pattern. Eeeeee!

But alas. They cannot accept my submission at this time. Oh well, I'll just have to hawk it elsewhere (yes, I looked it up, that's the correct spelling for that use of the word). The form letter was very nice. I'm only moderately disappointed.

The two packages that did come in, though, were awesome. I got the squirrel fabric I ordered from www.reprodepot.com which is ADORABLE and is going to be part of a skirt and probably a purse as well. Also, I got the five skeins of EcoYarns organic cotton that I ordered to do a baby blanket for my family friends' impending new arrival.

Which means I now need a pattern.

Enter Barnes & Noble.

I went ahead and bought 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns by Jan Eaton. I like her books. I like them even though there are not 200 distinct patterns, but rather 200 different colorways and only maybe 100ish different patterns. That's okay. Different colors can totally give a different look. Besides, I liked a lot of the ripple patterns. Just like I like a lot of the blocks in her 200 Crochet Blocks book.

Now I just have to decide. Eeep!

No comments: