Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Yarn Safari!

So unbeknownst to Pam or my mom, I've already decided where our next yarn safari shall be. I also think we should expand the expeditionary force. And I'm going to ritualize this practice a bit, at least for my part. I'm talking missions. I'm talking trophy counts. I'm talking photographic documentation.

This has been inspired by several things, in no particular order:

1. Pam's post of Stitch DC's Twinkle Party, complete with photos. Now, I know that's because her hubby is into photography, but still. It got me to thinking about documenting our yarn shopping excursions. Taking pictures of the yarn in its natural habitat, as it were. And of the, er, hunters. This would, I'm sure, require the permission of the proprieters of whatever establishments we go into...

2. Our little trip to Cloverhill. It was a lot of fun, and we all found some unexpected yumminess. The one downside, though, was the yarn I didn't bag. They had no Rowan Summer Tweed. The trophies I brought home made up for it, though, and provided inspiration for things to look for. Future challenges, as it were.

3. The destination for our next excursion needs to be The Celtic Knot. A friend at work emailed me in desperation, asking for help finding the end of and winding into a ball a skein of sock yarn she got from said establishment. It. Sounds. Fantastic. And we have to go.

So... yarn safari, anyone? I know I'm being a huge dork about all this, but I like having goofy little things like this to get into. I hope somebody will be interested in joining me in my insanity...

3 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Hee! Yarn Safari! I like it!

I've never been to the Celtic Knot, so that's a great idea. I also think your mom is right - we need to hit Woolwinders at some point, too.

:D

Pocket Size said...

Yay! I'm glad you like the idea! Yeah, we need to go to Woolwinders. I just got so enamored with The Celtic Knot!

B said...

That's so cute...but yarn safari isn't really my thing.

Now a cheese safari...that I can get into.