Monday, March 28, 2011

Homespun

It's been a long week, Pocketeers.  But I got to cap it off with the Homespun Yarn Party at Savage Mill.  I caught up with some dear friends and had a lot of fun.  And I even got to treat myself on a small budget :)  I'll let the pics do the talking...









To be honest, I bought the "Downy Oshun, Hon" almost as much for the name as for the colors.  I almost bought a skein of "Bromo Seltzer Tower" too but managed to control myself.  What doesn't appear here is the skein of "Poppies in the Field" that I got for my mom from Space Cadet Creations.  But I'm sure she'll be posting pictures of what she makes with it pretty soon, because I happen to know she's excited to work with it :)

Also, I actually have some of my own handspun to show.  Finally.  Remember a couple weeks ago when I posted a pic of me spinning?  Here's what I was working on:

Merino in "Primrose."  I don't know who actually produces this, because it's one of a few blended rovings that a lot of vendors sell at MDSW.  If anybody knows where this ultimately comes from, please let me know.

2 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Yay for hanging out time!

Speaking of, we need to plan a Small World night with you guys soon.

Maryanne said...

I love all your yarn! And, yes, I absolutely LOVE my Poppies in the Field yarn. It even has some shiny stuff in it :)!!! Thank you again for buying it for me. It made my day!