Monday, October 20, 2008

The Trouble With Halloween...

See, the trouble with Halloween is that it requires a costume. At least, when you're me it does. I know plenty of people opt not to dress up, but where's the fun in that? I must not only have a costume, I must make said costume. It's a point of honor. I know how to sew, therefore I must use/show off/practice my skill by making my own costume.

This year I have chosen to outdo myself (hopefully) by making a costume with staying power. This will be my most ambitious (and expensive) endeavor yet. It actually may be more spectacular than the dryad of two years ago:

Picture 1435

Freezing, by the way. It looked better in motion, too.

Anyway, I'm hoarding all of my precious spare time in these last two weeks before Halloween, because I MUST get this costume of mine finished before THE night. Boy am I glad that The Man (as I shall henceforth refer to he who I love best in the world) and I didn't decide to have our party on the weekend before Halloween...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think your costume is really neat. So cleverly put together too. You must take a few pictures and show 'us who don't celebrate' how it's done!