Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day!

No, not a cry of distress. A cry of joy! Of happiness! Of eating lunch outside in defiance of my craptastically fluorescently-lit indoor job! It's really Spring, for real this time!

And in celebration, here are pics. I finished my frothy spring scarf. Due to lack of yarnage, it is not quite as frothy as I originally intended, but I like it anyway. I think I will be adapting it into a pattern, perhaps for my new friend Gryphon. Anyway, on with the piccies:

Kinda cruddy pic, cos the light is too direct and harsh: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Less cruddy pic, on the garden bench, among the flowers:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Also, in a continuing theme of joyousness, I went yesterday and found the book Amazing Crochet Lace. And another book, a pattern book from RYC from a couple years ago. And I know, I shouldn't be spending money so close to S&W. But I couldn't help it! And if I pick out patterns in the books before the festival, then I can find fun yarns for them at the festival! See my logic? It's brilliant. Just go with it. Anywho, I'm going to make the skirt from Amazing Crochet Lace, but instead of Grace (which comes in uninspiring colors) I'm going to use Microspun (which comes in far more exciting and summery colors). Problem? The store did not have 7 balls of Microspun in the same dye lot in the color I wanted to use. Jerks. So I'm going to go back and get another color. Yes, it's taken me a couple hours to decide this. Yes, I'm lame. Ah well. I want to get started on the project so I can see how far I get by the weekend. Maybe if I wish really hard I'll get it done. *snortle*

ETA: So, I started the skirt. At 11:00 at night. Worked for an hour and a half and am a mere 4 rows in. I'm sleepy. Also, I think I might be insane.

2 comments:

Trillian42 said...

The scarf is yummy!

And I can't believe you picked up Amazing Crochet Lace! I was ordering a couple of books from KnitPicks today, and decided to add on a copy for you as a belated b-day gift. LOL

Unknown said...

Bet you didn't know I had a google account. I had to set it up in order to join a Bernina online class.
Anyway, it's so nice to have friends like Pam!
I got a couple of great ideas for art scarves this morning. I'm going to do one at least as a pattern and maybe Gryphon would like to use one.