Sunday, March 9, 2008

PSA: Penelope

Okay, so apparently "tomorrow" means "in 6 days" now. Just thought you should know.

Anyway, I have a movie you ALL need to see. Penelope.



Saw it today (er, yesterday?) with Murph and aside from the obvious (ummm could we love James McAvoy any more than we currently do? I submit that we cannot!), we both lurrrrved it. I would see it again. And again. And again. And the dvd will be mine.

Oh, you wanted to know why? Oh. Well, then. Top 10 reasons to see Penelope:
10. James McAvoy.
9. The soundtrack is pretty good.
8. It's hilarious. Trust me, I can't even explain all the ways in which it is funny.
7. James McAvoy. I mean it.
6. It's not overly cerebral, but it's still a smart movie.
5. Christina Ricci.
4. Excellent performances by the whole cast (yes, not just the stars, though they are fantastic).
3. The costumes. I swear everything she wore must have come from Anthropologie.
2. The balance of whimsy and realism that the filmmakers maintained.
1. Everyone needs a good fairy tale now and then.

Trust me on this one. It's worth your while.

3 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Wow - James McAvoy is only TWO of the reasons? I'm surprised! ;)

Glad you liked it - I'll have to catch it at some point.

Lola said...

Sounds like a very interesting, quirky movie. I'll have to put it on Netlix when it comes out (hope it will be closed-captioned).

Megan B said...

I think that it will be an awesome movie, and thanks to you, I've now actually heard of it! Will definitely have to go see it!