Friday, January 11, 2008

Gifty Pr0n

The best pr0n is free ;)

One of my coworkers is leaving for a new job. She and another friend and I started knitting while we were working offsite right near a lovely yarn shop, so I figured what better going-away present than yarn from that shop?

rosequartz1

rosequartz2

It's hand-dyed from a company called Cinnamon's Dye Pot. The colorway is "Rose Quartz." It's even prettier in person.

And last week, another coworker brought me a present as a thank you for mending her sweater over the summer. So sweet of her! It's Noro, too :)
fuji1

fuji2

fuji3

Haven't decided yet what I'm going to make with it. Gotta wait for the right project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and especially for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it! Now may I be the one to compliment you! Your blog is lovely and I LOVE your close ups of your yarns... I'd like to know what camera you are using! Isn't knitting just about one of the most wonderful crafts ever?!? If I never had to "work" another day in my life, and could immerse myself in my studio to play with paper, and hang out in my favorite chair to knit, I'd swear I'd died and gone to heaven! All my best!

AK said...

What a lucky coworker, the colours are gorgeous. I'm sure she is going to be thrilled.

Fiber Ninja said...

What great colors in the Noro. Just wait until the yarn speaks to you about what it would like to become.
Loraine