Monday, March 25, 2013

Wonderful Weekend!

Sorry I missed Thursday Themes last week. I was so busy prepping for the weekend that I didn't make anything new! What I was prepping for was an awesome two-day workshop with Seth Apter, which was my birthday present from my mom. We had a blast! Seth is a great teacher, and I would definitely take another of his classes. What we worked on was an altered book, using a vintage book that we gutted and made new pages for. Mine's not finished, and it's very different from my usual style. I used a lot of the new Prima papers from the Fairy Rhymes series and based the rest of the work on that style, so it's a lot more girly than usual for me. But I wanted to do something a bit fantasy based so that fit perfectly and gave me a direction. Anyway, I'll just show you what I've gotten done so far and let that speak for itself.















3 comments:

Maryanne said...

It was such a fun weekend and I'm glad you had a great birthday!! Your pages look great especially since it's not your style. Going outside your comfort zone is good sometimes.

Seth said...

Thanks for being a part of the workshop...and for bringing your creative energy to the project. Your pages look wonderful and I hope I get to see the book when it is finished!

Diana Taylor said...

Your book is fabulous - I love the beautiful details, especially the little pockets so delicately decorated, and the ticket on top of the pile of books (is that a rubber stamp - I love it?). The unicorn looks so good against the swirly background - and your little mushrooms are just delightful. It looks like it was a wonderful workshop and great fun.