Mr. Pocket and I are happy to announce that as of Saturday, 7 May 2011, we are officially married. Looking forward to many many years this way :)
So, it's been pretty busy around here in the Pocket, what with getting married and all. And that's without having done much DIY. You would think, being the crafty soul that I am, I would've DIYed a ton of stuff for my wedding. But no, cooler heads prevailed and I avoided that stress. All I did myself was, as you saw in the last post, the guest book. I did it with lots of help from my friends in the conservation lab at work, at lunchtime and after hours. Couldn't have done it without them. And now I have finished pics to show you, and time in which to post them...
I got the text block from A.Fain Books on Etsy. Such a godsend, as I do not have a board cutter or a large paper cutter. Though I did end up cutting new boards at work, on the recommendation of my friends in the lab. The decorative papers for the covers and end papers, as well as the book cloth for the spine, came from Paper Source.
I love this green lokta paper.
The end bands were an ordeal. I guess I should say that figuring out the end bands was an ordeal. I couldn't remember how to do them from last year when I bound my first book (and until now, my only book). So between asking my friend Vicki for her notes and scouring the internet, it took me a while to find the way I had done single-color end bands before. Once I had it figured out, though, it was a breeze. Used silk thread from Mom, sewn over the same tape that the text block is sewn onto.
Overall, I learned one very important lesson from making the guestbook for our wedding. I love it and I need to do more bookbinding.