Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Look out, Windmills, here I come!

As we move towards S&W (2 more days! EEEEEEE!) I'm working on my insane quest to try and get that skirt from Amazing Crochet Lace done. I'm to the point of starting the foundation for the first set of pineapples. Mom made the mistake of warning me to be realistic. Now I'm more determined than before. If I don't get it done, I won't be crushed, really, but I do feel the need to try and challenge myself. I've never been challenged like this with a crochet project. Sewing, yes. But that's child's play. Sure I can stay up all night making garb; it's less time consuming because it's already fabric. With a crochet project (or a knitting project, I'll be fair), it can't just be sorta pinned together if I'm almost but not quite done. I can't fudge a crochet (or knitting) project. So I'm excited by this challenge. And by the time Saturday rolls around, don't be surprised if I say I never want to see a crochet hook ever again in my life. But don't take it seriously, either.

1 comment:

Trillian42 said...

I love that skirt pattern - I can't wait to see it!!!